Dave D

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:E_10f.7092$JY6.4126@trnddc02...

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
Can you say "Implode!"

That really shouldn't be much concern, modern TV's are designed so that an
implosion that sprays anything beyond the enclosure is very unlikely, now
with the back off it's a whole different story but the face of a CRT is
made
of very thick glass and the shadow mask helps shield any internals.

The aperture grille on a Trinitron would be next to no protection from
flying glass, especially if the screen area collapses. However, I agree it
is not particularly likely the screen area would fail. I've certainly never
seen it happen. It is worth pointing it out to the OP as a risk though. Any
TV landing on its face, certainly onto a hard floor, should be treated with
caution.

Dave