Lawrence S Wasserman

In article ,
AndyB wrote:
...snipped...
I am about to move to my new house and I need
to move my shop (since I don't want the mover to
Can I leave the motor attached (in it's normal
operating position) for the ride? I will be driving
it about 1/2 hour in a pickup truck.

I don't want to ruin the bearings or otherwise hurt
the various parts, but removing the motor would be
a major nuisance since I would basically have to
re-wire the saw to do it.

...snipped...
Thanks in advance,
AndyB

You might want to take another look at your saw. On a contractor saw, the
motor often has a connector either at the switch or in-line in the wiring
to the switch. I have a Delta Contractor saw and it has an in-line
connector between the switch and motor. besides, the motor is about the
easiest thing to remove from the saw, even if you did have to disconnect
the wires.
--

SDF Public Access UNIX System -
http://sdf.lonestar.org