Doug Miller

In article , "George" George@least wrote:

wrote in message
Last night I was trying to put a flat surface on a box end I was
making but when I tried to run the wood across my jointer, my push
pads kept slipping which made it hard to keep my work against my
cutter head.

Anyone have ideas of what I could use to get a sticker grip so I don't
loose my grip on the wood I'm trying to joint?

Imagine a plane with a slight heel. A push block which allows you to
maintain all the pressure at the feed end that you need, and can't slip,
because the heel has hooked the trailing edge. Both hands holding means
none to be jointed....

Great idea for a table saw, as you noted. Not-so-great idea for a jointer,
though, because it necessarily places the feed pressure on the infeed side of
the cutterhead. Feed pressure should be on the infeed side only until enough
wood has passed the cutterhead to enable a safe grip on the outfeed side;
after that, all pressure should be on the outfeed table.

--
Regards,