Frank Boettcher

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 16:46:38 GMT, AndyB
wrote:

I am about to move to my new house and I need
to move my shop (since I don't want the mover to
touch my tools)

Anyway, I need to move my Rockwell (now Delta)
contractor style table saw. I have removed the
table extensions, the fence, the fence rails,
the blade, table insert and splitter.

My question is this. The motor is on a swing
arm and is held up by tension from the drive belt.
Can I leave the motor attached (in it's normal
operating position) for the ride? I will be driving
it about 1/2 hour in a pickup truck.

I don't want to ruin the bearings or otherwise hurt
the various parts, but removing the motor would be
a major nuisance since I would basically have to
re-wire the saw to do it.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

TO REPLY BY EMAIL REMOVE THE STRING "SPAMNOT"
FROM MY REPLY ADDRESS. Sorry for that hassles,
but spammers make it necessary.

Thanks in advance,
AndyB

It should make the trip just like it is without a problem. However if
you are worried lift the motor up, slide the belt off the arbor
pulley, and let the motor rotate down and tie it off to the stand.
Newer models have a quick electric disconnect and spring pins to
quickly remove the motor, but you indicated yours was Rockwell badged
so the quick disconnect would not be on yours.

Frank