Chuck

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 12:10:36 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

Do you think she misused her medium? Can we misuse ours? Can any medium
be misused in the pursuit of excellence?

I am reminded of the famous mystic, Madame Cambium, who was purported
to be able to contact the souls of great lignophiles who've gone on
before us. Once she was contracted by a woodturner who shall remain
nameless, to summon up the shade of one Johnny Appleseed, in an
effort to pursuade him to use his influence in the hereafter,
thereater and heretofor to grow an apple tree that would produce not
sweet, juicy fruit, but stable, non-splitting wood. The story goes
that Johnny's soul was offended, consequently the medium was spoken to
crossly and not paid, and the disillusioned turner went away with just
three initials to show for his troubles....L. D. D.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget