~Roy

Honey Locust is a piece of cake as compared to mock orange (osage
Orange). Osage is terrible stuff, not only for its thorns but once cut
and it dries almost overnight, you almost need a cutting torch to cut
it up if you let it lay for awhile.

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 11:04:33 GMT, Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote:

===There was a picture of the local Indian tribe putting on their chaps and all
===to get to cut the trees and brush back due to the storm that ripped through
===their part of the country. When there are heavy thorn vines and the 3 or 4" long
===thorn of local trees - up and down the trunks (Honey Locust) - anything is better than pants.
===
===Martin
===Martin Eastburn
===@ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net
===NRA LOH, NRA Life
===NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder
===
===
===
===Don Foreman wrote:
=== On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:59:09 GMT, Gunner Asch
=== wrote:
===
===
===On 30 Sep 2005 15:15:55 -0700, wrote:
===
===
===Agreed. I wear chaps even when I'm cutting at waist height on a
===sawbuck, just to keep the chips out of my steel toed boots. In the
===woods they have protected my shins mainly from thorns, the splinters on
===the stump and cut-off branches that snapped free.
===
===jw
===
===
===Sounds like a bunch of Village People wanna be's here
===
===Gunner, ducking and running
===
===
=== Village People wearing chaps?
===
=== I have never seen anyone wearing chaps while cutting wood in MN. I
=== cut a buncha wood today with my sissysaw (14"), but only a little of
=== it was over 13" dia.
===
=== August in October today (80's) but windy -- whitecaps on the lake. I
=== fished a little but no bumps; I think the lake has turned over. It
=== doesn't smell like turnover but the wind could mask that; it does
=== look turned. Duck hunters had a tough opener: weather was too nice.
===
===
===----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
===
===----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
===HeeHee.... Honey locust is one of them thar trees that oughta be
==="burned in place" G Nastiest thing I have ever seen....
===Ken.

"The original frugal ponder"