I was going to say the same thing. Google on 'woodshed design' and you'll
find suggestions on the net. I got the plans for mine out of a magazine
years ago, and when I switched to pellets I sold the shed for $1,000 when it
was over 10 yrs old. I think it cost me about 300 to knock together, but a
few little touches made it an attractive outdoor building that stored 6
cord, plus an enclosed box for kindling. I used 2x6 pressure treated
decking, but the rest was a pine box. Just be sure to allow for plenty of
air movement.

Keith

"ameijers" wrote in message

"James" wrote in message

My method is to lay down two eight foot 4 X 4 pressure treated beams

flat
on the ground , and stack the wood on them. The firewood will last for
at
least 2 or 3 years like this, even if uncovered. It will last much

longer
than that if covered with a tarp.

If you are gonna stockpile more than a season's worth of wood, bite the
bullet and build a woodshed, even a 3-sided one with enoough overhang to
keep direct rain off the front. A few posts, some horizontal rails to keep
the wood out of the dirt, and whatever is cheap and handy for the roof an
sidewalls.

aem sends...