Mark Duncan

Default Help: Drilling through concrete block and hitting resistance!

I'm a rewbie to all this. I need to drill a hole in a brieze block
wall from my kitchen through to my garage, but when I get about 4cm
into the brick, I hit something that I can't get any further through.
I know that I'm nowhere near any piping or cabling (I've tried several
different locations on the wall too), and I can't think what might be
stopping me.

For info, my drill has hammer action and is 500W (I know this may be
slightly und3er-powered for the job). any advice would be gratefully
appreciated.

Thanks

Mark