Henry

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Henry wrote:

Variable speed Dremel tool model 380-5, runs backwards. I believe
that sometime in the past I have taken it apart (I forget why) so did
I rearrange something?

(It's a good thing I'm not a heart surgeon.)

Henry

You probably reversed the leads going to the two commutator brushes.
Take it apart again and see if you can swap them.

That's how you reverse a "universal" motor, which is what's in a Dremel.

It could also have happened if you removed the stator and somehow
managed to replace it flipped end for end without disconnecting the
leads going to it, but that's a very slim possibility.

HTH,

Jeff

Thanks to Jeff for solution. I opened it up, saw that there was no way
I could have reversed the leads, so tried flipping stator end for end.
BINGO!

Henry