Edwin Pawlowski

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking for ever, if its dry and kept free of insect. I know when
its wet it looses all energy values after a few years, but dry? Is this
right?

I'm taking about it being kept dry outside, with a tarp over the top.

Thanks!

Dry and insect free, it can last 100 or 200 years. Firewood is really no
different than the wood used to build homes and furniture centuries ago.
Those protected survived, those in the weather rotted away. Ground moisture
is probably the biggest culprit. Put a tarp under also if you want long
term.