Bill Stock

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

Upon closer inspection, the leak is coming from the BOTTOM side of the
drip plate. So I guess the leak is happening where the pump joins the
motor. I can purchase a pump seal repair kit for about $34, while a new
pump/motor assembly is $200. Is the repair kit likely to solve the
problem?

If you are sure the seal is leaking $34 is a cheap way to keep a machine
running for a few more years. If the pump itself is leaking from a
cracked or corroded housing, I'd put that $200 towards a new machine.

I don't know what the seal kit consists of so I don't know if that is a
high or low price or if alternative gasketing material would work.

I'm basically looking at replacing the motor seal ($10)and the pump gasket
($12). You're right it could be a cracked housing, but I doubt mucking with
the drain hose would lessen the dripping like it did. If I have to replace
the whole unit ($200), I'd just buy a new DW, as you said.