Nick Harrison

Default wireless programmable thermostats

Hi,
I'm in the process of upgrading the central heating with a new combi
boiler. Most of the work is done and I need to upgrade the
timer/thermostat. Currently the thermostat isn't placed sensibly.
(It's in the main room where our occasional coal fires trips it early
leading to a cold rest of house.) I don't have any convenient cable
runs under floorboards to a suitable new location. As my current
prgrammable timer has become redundant because hot water is on demand,
someone suggested a (programmable) wireless thermostat. Anyone any
experience of these? We need to set different heating times for
weekdays and weekends. Are these wireless thermostats reliable? Can
anyone recommend a manufacturer and model?
The extra expense may be worth saved labour and damage to the decor.
Regards,
Nick
Nick Harrison Lancaster UK