zxcvbob

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:32:01 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

His first choice was 8/3 cable, and the #6 Aluminum SER that I suggested
is equivalent but might be a lot cheaper.

Best regards,
Bob

His original choice was 12-2 UF. He even bought the cable .

You can't use 12 guage wire for a subpanel because the minimum feeder
size is 30A. He might could run a 12/3 edison circuit instead of a
subpanel; it kind of depends on whether that electric heater is 120V or
240V. (Technically it could still be done as a 20A branch circuit if it
has both 120V and 240V loads, but I don't believe that's code compliant.)

-Bob