Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
Why can't a guy just put a circuit out to his shed without everyone
saying he needs enough power to light up a small city or he will be
sorry..

He can. But if that is all he wanted to do, he'd have done it and not posted
to a newsgroup that offers advice and opinions. What he does in the end is
his business, but often a suggestion by others can save a lot of grief.
I've read some rather simple sounding questions on this group and found
replies that covered a lot of thing I never would have thought of in the
situation. There is much knowledge (and some BS too) posted here that can
make the DIYer a lot smarter.