zxcvbob

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:02:59 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

chester wrote:

i posted this in the thread above, GFCI circuit protection

OK OK I have decided to run a subpanel. BUT cripes, while the subpanels
are cheap, man, 8/3 AWG is PRICY. OK so using substantially cheaper 10/3
AWG gives me a 30A subpanel. I would think this would be sufficient:
2000W heater, plus antoher 1000W for outlets and such, gives me ~15A,
assuming full useage? 30A seems like it would be sufficient, and a LOT
cheaper. Comments?
thx

You might wanna check out #6 aluminum SER cable.

Why can't a guy just put a circuit out to his shed without everyone
saying he needs enough power to light up a small city or he will be
sorry..

http://members.aol.com/gfretwell/what.jpg

Original poster asked for comments. You don't have to read them if you
don't want.

His first choice was 8/3 cable, and the #6 Aluminum SER that I suggested
is equivalent but might be a lot cheaper.

Best regards,
Bob