Edwin Pawlowski

"chester" wrote in message
i posted this in the thread above, GFCI circuit protection

OK OK I have decided to run a subpanel. BUT cripes, while the subpanels
are cheap, man, 8/3 AWG is PRICY. OK so using substantially cheaper 10/3
AWG gives me a 30A subpanel. I would think this would be sufficient: 2000W
heater, plus antoher 1000W for outlets and such, gives me ~15A, assuming
full useage? 30A seems like it would be sufficient, and a LOT cheaper.
Comments?
thx

10/3 may be cutting it close depending on the load. How much will it cost
to do it over when you find that you want more power? Sure pays to do it
right the first time and have it be the only time.