willshak

On 9/25/2005 9:03 PM US(ET), Al took fingers to keyboard, and typed the
following:

Thanks for the advice, but I should stress:
-We use a bagless vacuum, and have thoroughly cleaned it twice.
-Bichons don't shed hair (though I realize that like all dogs
they shed skin flakes, etc.). They're known as a great breed
for people with allergies.
-The Hoover blows dust.
-We've tried a baking-soda based deodorizer, but it didn't
really work.
-There is no dog smell in the house--this just occurs on
vacuuming.

Any more suggestions on a new vacuum, or how to stop this
smell when we vac?

Two types come to mind:
1. Rainbow vacuum. Dirt/dust drops into a water reservoir
2. Central vacuum. Dirt/Dust contained in unit and fine dust and odors
are vented outside.
The first requires no renovations to the house, and is pretty expensive.
The second type could be cheaper, or as expensive as the first, if you
just bought the parts and installed it yourself.

--
Bill