Thomas D. Horne, Electrician

Pop wrote:
: If I were you, I wouldn't want to be responsible for the
replacement work.
:
: --
: Wayne Boatwright *¿*
: __________________________________________________ ___
:
: If assholes could fly, this place would be an airport.

That's the real problem with trying to be a good samaritin for
some things. You do your best and everything you do turns out
perfect, and it's all to 100% code.
But, should the place burn down and the insurance
companies/fire investigators get into it, someone might have to
take the rap for having done possibly uninspected work, or worse,
for violating the law that says if you fix one thing substandard,
you have to fix them all, and then the problem can get even
worse. I'm making things up here obviously, but those people
aren't making things up. There's a reason for licenses and
bonding, etc etc etc.

Chances of that happening are probably pretty slim and I might do
the same thing the OP did too, but ... damn, it can turn into a
heck of a liability.

PopS
---
If assholes could fly, THIS place would be on Mars by now! :-}

There is no such law.
--
Tom Horne

for general use." Thomas Alva Edison