Chuck B.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Al" wrote in message

Thanks for the advice, but I should stress:
-We use a bagless vacuum, and have thoroughly cleaned it twice.

That is good. You don't want stuff laying in the decaying.

-Bichons don't shed hair (though I realize that like all dogs
they shed skin flakes, etc.). They're known as a great breed
for people with allergies.

OK, but no dog is free of everything. they still have odor causing elements
about them, just like every animal and you and me too.

-The Hoover blows dust.

That is not good. Is there a filter missing? If not, maybe a new vac is
needed anyway as it is just making things worse as is. Get one with a HEPA
filter.

-We've tried a baking-soda based deodorizer, but it didn't
really work.

Over rated

-There is no dog smell in the house--this just occurs on
vacuuming.

There is dog smell in the house, you just don't detect it. How do you think
people survive at jobs in landfills and sewage treatment pants? They become
immune to the smell, just like you have to your dog. The odor causeing
parts of the dog are scattered around the house, on floors, on table tops,
drapes, etc. Now you pick th em up and concentrate them inside the vacuum
cleaner and then you blow a lot of air across the top of it. Instant dog.
There may be other factors in your air that are making it even worse.

Any more suggestions on a new vacuum, or how to stop this
smell when we vac?

Nose plugs.

Read the latest issue of Consumer Reports. Big article about Vacuums. No
bag you will get dust and smell.