Amun

"Al" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the advice, but I should stress:
-We use a bagless vacuum, and have thoroughly cleaned it twice.
-Bichons don't shed hair (though I realize that like all dogs
they shed skin flakes, etc.). They're known as a great breed
for people with allergies.
-The Hoover blows dust.
-We've tried a baking-soda based deodorizer, but it didn't
really work.
-There is no dog smell in the house--this just occurs on
vacuuming.

Any more suggestions on a new vacuum, or how to stop this
smell when we vac?

1. Steam clean the carpet

2. Central vac, vented to the outdoors

3. Replace the carpet

You may not smell the dogs in the house, but I'll bet your guests can, but
may be too polite to comment.
The vacuum just pulls the smell out of the carpet, it won't make it's own
smells.

But if your present vacuum is blowing dust, you have a second problem.

AMUN