Edwin Pawlowski

"Al" wrote in message
oups.com...
When we vacuum our rugs it makes the room smell like "stale dog"
(for lack of a better phrase) for a while. We do have a dog, a small
(clean) Bichon, but she has no noticeable smell, and 'way back
when our vacuums didn't raise a dog smell.

We formerly used a Eureka bagged vacuum cleaner, and we thought
the smell was due to that cleaner, so we switched to our current
Hoover twin-chamber bagless. The Hoover is actually worse than
the Eureka, as it tosses out fine dust while it vacuums!

Any advice on how we can get rid of the dog smell, and whether
we should consider switching from the Hoover? Thanks.

Switching brand will not help. You have a used dead dog living in your
vacuum cleaner. Hair, dander, flakes of dried skin. You're family's dried
old skin is in there also. If you don't believe this, just take your dog
into the low rays of the sun and brush his hair. Amazing, huh?