Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mike Barnes wrote:
Adjust them to wet the whole screen at motorway speeds and you're bound
to get some overspray at town speeds.

The washers don't have to wet the whole screen, just anywhere within
reach of the wipers, which then spread the solution around. Works for
me, anyway, at any speed. But it used not to - I recognise the problem
you describe as a 1970s problem, and perhaps the difference is that the
cars I have nowadays pump a much greater volume of fluid onto the
screen. And the screens are more raked, I think.

Trouble is all modern screens are laminated glass and rather soft. If you
don't flood the screen before wiping they'll get scratched, eventually.
Toughened ones weren't so soft. And most modern cars don't allow the
washers to be used independant of the wipers to soak the screen.

--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.