Default DVD player problem

I am looking at a Panasonic DVD player #SA-HT75. Insert disk, dispays
reading, then after a few seconds displays no disk. Tried different
disks with same results. Tried cleaning the laser, but no change. I
checked the voltage on the motor that drives the disk and no problem
here. I did this because I noticed when the disk is inserted, it
doesn't turn. The laser module slides back and forth like it's supposed
to. Shouldn't the disk spin when inserted to be read? is the best
course of action, replace this as a module if available, or the motor
if this is the fault. Thanks all.