Albert Grennock

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:vG_%e.9445$UD6.2205@trnddc04...

"Sunitha Kode" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 28" Sony Trinitron TV fell off to its face from about a feet's
height. It first landed on the top left edge of the case & subsequently
fell to its face.

Now, when I switch on the TV gives a flash once & then shows nothing. I
can see the channel number, AV1, AV2 etc. on the top left but in red
colour (it used to be shown in green). I can see the progress bar for
volume when I change the volume. But I can't see the picture. Audio is
perfect.

I think the picture tube is gone but I want to be sure about it. Is
there any way to confirm this myself without the help of a technician?

I opened the TV to see if there are any cracks on the CRT but there are
none.

Any information in this regards os much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You've probably cracked a circuit board, that part is usually pretty easy

fix. The part that concerns me though is the menu being red instead of
green, that could indicate that the aperature grill inside the tube has
shifted, in which case you'll never be able to get the purity right and
it'll always have off-colored blobs but it's hard to know without fixing

the
board, could be just fine.

A simillar drop onto the bottom right hand corner should fix it ;O)

Seriously it is worth a try before binning the tube.

I remember the days when a firm thump to the side of the set would
cure 99% of television faults :O)