Owain

Default Attached Garage and Planning Permission for Change of Use

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote
| However, the planning people aren't consistent. In the meeting,
| one of the councillors asked the others "we don't require a
| driveway capable of turning round a car off-road do we?", to
| which the others answered "no".
| I have the planning permission for my house, 2 doors down the road,
| which states that the drive must be large enough to enable a car
| to be turned around off-road. So you get different rules made up
| for different planning applications on the spur of the moment.

I think it is a consistent rule, but depends on the type of road. If it's a
residential / housing estate road it's okay to reverse onto the road, but if
it's a main road it isn't - I've heard of houses having a turntable in the
drive to meet this requirement.

Discrepancy on the same road, I'm not sure - is your drive nearer a junction
perhaps.

Owain