Sunitha Kode ha escrito:

My 28" Sony Trinitron TV fell off to its face from about a feet's
height. It first landed on the top left edge of the case & subsequently
fell to its face.

Now, when I switch on the TV gives a flash once & then shows nothing. I
can see the channel number, AV1, AV2 etc. on the top left but in red
colour (it used to be shown in green). I can see the progress bar for
volume when I change the volume. But I can't see the picture. Audio is
perfect.

I think the picture tube is gone but I want to be sure about it. Is
there any way to confirm this myself without the help of a technician?

I opened the TV to see if there are any cracks on the CRT but there are
none.

Any information in this regards os much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sounds like you are at least getting a picture, but no video signal.
I'd say a board has got cracked. With the set on and the back off,try
poking the boards with a wooden rod or cooking utensil to see if you
can get a video signal back on screen and then locate the cracks.
in any case, from the discolouration you mentioned , I'd say the tube
is damaged. This is probably not feasible to repair.
good luck, B.