Leon

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

It will be fine. Do yourself a favor before you go putting all sorts of
stuff on that motor to "secure" it... Grab the motor and lift it. Take
some effort? Do you really expect to subject the saw to the amount of
energy to lift that heavy motor on your drive? No - of course not. You'd
be rattling your teeth out. Your bearings and everything else associated
with that motor hanging off there are subject to a lot more forces than
you're going to expose it to during a ride in your truck.

Around the block would be OK but a 30 minute commute? You can bet there
will be plenty of opportunities for the vehicle to undulate causing the
motor to bounce around. Typically going through an intersection on a green
light is enough to bounce the motor.
The force you describe on the bearing during normal operation is totally
different from the force of exerted in this type application. The bearings
would be the leas of my worries. I would worry more about breaking a
trunion.