Leon

"AndyB" wrote in message
Anyway, I need to move my Rockwell (now Delta)
contractor style table saw. I have removed the
table extensions, the fence, the fence rails,
the blade, table insert and splitter.

My question is this. The motor is on a swing
arm and is held up by tension from the drive belt.
Can I leave the motor attached (in it's normal
operating position) for the ride? I will be driving
it about 1/2 hour in a pickup truck.

I don't want to ruin the bearings or otherwise hurt
the various parts, but removing the motor would be
a major nuisance since I would basically have to
re-wire the saw to do it.

I would lean more toward removing the motor before removing the wings and
fence rails. What you have done so far is way more work than disconnecting
a few wire connections. Leave the wiring in place and simply disconnect the
wiring from the motor. The motor as it is way too much weight to be
banging around off the back side of your saw.