Mark Rand

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 08:27:03 GMT, "DeepDiver" wrote:

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:24:20 GMT, "DeepDiver" wrote:

Based on the REALITY of recent events, I'd wager you're MUCH more likely
be shot in London (not to mention blown-up) than in any part of Florida.

Considering the lawlessness that has overcome the UK thanks to gun control
and multiculturalism, perhaps these idiotic ads by the Brady Campaign will
backfire on them and actually INCREASE British tourism!

London's current annual homicide rate is 2.1 per 100 000.

Back to remedial reading comprehension classes for you Mark. I said shot,
not murdered.

I'm terribly sorry about that. Over here, we tend to associate being shot with
being killed. An easy mistake to make.

If that counts as being overcome by lawlessness then you must
be in a war zone

No, I live in a country where citizens may defend themselves against armed
criminals and against the government.

But to back-up my claims of UK lawlessness, I present the following from
"Gun Control's Twisted Outcome: Restricting firearms has helped make England
more crime-ridden than the U.S." by Joyce Lee Malcolm:

snip of quote

Another quote in an opposite direction:-

"
Robberies in America, moreover, are far more likely to be committed with
weapons. And it is the combination of the greater likelihood of violent crime
in the first place with the higher probability that the crime will involve a
weapon, especially a gun, that accounts for the uniquely high levels of deadly
violence in the United States. Franklin Zimring and Gordon Hawkins have
detailed this pattern in comparing robberies and burglaries in London and New
York City. New Yorkers are far more likely to be robbed (the rate of reported
robberies in 1992 was nearly four times that in London); and their chances of
being killed during a robbery are even more disproportionate. There were 5
robbery deaths in London in 1992, versus 357 in New York. That difference, not
surprisingly, is closely tied to the far more frequent presence of guns in New
York's robberies. Startlingly, however, the risk of being killed in the course
Of a robbery in New York that does not involve a gun was still four times
greater than the risk of being killed in any robbery in London.
"

Quote in full:-
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Pr...ion_CAPIA.html

Feel free to have your deluded dreams and I'll feel free to have mine. I
suspect that I'll be far less likely to be shot than you :-)

Regards
Mark Rand