Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Jim Scott writes:
You have 24hrs and using 5 words or less to give your solution to removing
wax smears from a car windscreen. Your time starts now (12.33 am)

I spoke with Triplex about this after a garage waxed my
windscreen and I couldn't see out of it when it rained.
The answer is that it's difficult because the wax still
makes the water bead when there's only a single molecule
thickness, and it forms a weak bond with the glass which
makes it hard to get it all off, but not impossible.

Method is: First remove and discard windscreen wipers,
which once waxed, will keep transferring it back onto
the glass. Next, using white spirit and kitchen roll,
keep washing the windscreen and using new dry sheets to
wipe the white spirit off each time. Expect to use a
whole roll, mostly for the wiping off process. Work
methodically over the entire surface, being careful not
to recontaminate the area you cleaned. Finally, fit new
wiper blades.

--
Andrew Gabriel