graham

Default loft hatch supports/dampers ?

Hi all,
does anyone here have any bright ideas about suitable methods of
allowing a loft hatch to drop down on it's own once opened, so it
doesn't fall too fast and hit anyone on the head, or hit a wall etc.?

I was thinking of some kind of dampers from a car boot lid perhaps,
but if anyone has any better ideas I be glad to hear them.

essentially, all I want to do is press a button, which releases the
hatch, which then comes down slowly and safely. Ideally, i'd like to
press the button to watch it retract again also, but I reckion this
would be a bit more involed.

I've given only a quick explanation so as not to be too long winded,
but i can explain more if needed.

many thanks for any suggestions.
Graham