Charles Middleton

Set Square wrote:

Is there a lot of noise on the TV picture too when this happens? If so, it
could be sluggish contacts on either the boiler or room thermostat - causing
a lot of noise on the mains. [The contacts are supposed to snap open and
closed very quickly - but sometimes they dither.] Either replace the
offending stat - or get a suppressor for it.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Could I replace the boiler thermostat myself - easily?
If it is the stat then its the boiler one as this happens when Ive just
got the ho****er on.

You know Im tempted to get rid of the thing and replace it with a
combi, get rid of the electric shower as well and just have the house
looking a mess for a few weeks whilst all of the plumbing goes on. I
still havent sorted out my air in the system problem (raised last
winter) and this years winter is fast approaching.

Cheers,

CM.