Default Chasing cable for wall mounted plasma

(Marcos Scriven) wrote:

Stephen Gower wrote in message ...
Marcos Scriven wrote:

To hide the power cable and AV cable (a single cable which splits at
both ends, one with a DVI like plug, the other an audio plug of some
sort.)

Are you sure this is proprietary? It would be so much neater if
you could have the chased cable ending in a wall plate at each end
that you can plug into.

Here's a picture of the cable:

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/pdp504/pdah03lrg.jpg

The video part is definitely DVI, but I'm pretty sure the wiring
inside it is proprietary. It would be quite a task to wire up a DVI
wall socket, if indeed one existed. Also, I've no idea what the audio
part is. Never seen a plug like it.

The connectors are, if I remember correctly, a DVI-D and a DFP-MDR20. both
are video grade connectors, the DVI-D carrying picture and the DFP (digital
flat panel) everything else.
If it's a problem, pioneer do a 10m cable too, but sit down before you ask
how much it is......... Whoops, seen where picture was, obviously you know!

Mind you, if your choice of supplier was any good, they could have answered
this question for you, and not leave it to a third party.
Buy it from the web, and from the web it will be supported... Yeah! As if!
I prefer a desk to sit by, a cup of tea, and pleasant, knowledgeable guys who
care. (Even if they only care 'cause you can come back and give them grief if
neccessary...)
Try your local Sevenoaks store, their price is the same, and (usually, but
there can be exceptions) know what they're on about.

Steve.
Steve.

Overlord of the Stuffed Attic.
If it moves, I'll keep it..
If it stands still, I'll keep it..
If I want it, it's up there somewhere...

If I've not yet used it, it's not been kept long enough...

Any opinions voiced that are possibly contentious
were not written by me. Honest. No, really!
Well, they might have been. Or not. Burble-Burble