Frank W

Default Avoiding brush stokes - getting a good painted finish

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:10:19 +0100, "Eric the Red"
wrote:

Not wanting to sound like I am bragging but I think I am quite good at diy
woodworking. In my time I have built plenty of units, shelves, door frames
and put up lots of skirtting and the like. I am usually pleased with the
results of the actual woodworking standard, things are square, no gaps and
they are solid enough. Where I do get disappointed is when I have painted
what I have done, it just never looks that good. I take my time not to get
runs and work the paint to take off any excess.

Anyone got any good tips as I am sure I am not the only one not happy with
the quality of a painted finish.

Yes. Don't use brushes. Learn to spray-paint. If you must apply paint
using a bristled implement try paint pads or rollers.

Frank