LRod

On 30 Sep 2005 22:52:40 -0000, Ante Topic Mimara
] wrote:

I have little to no means to do a small project that I have in
mind, (a circular saw, a drill, and that's it!) and I am seeking
someone who has a fairly decent shop, a bit of experience, and
enough time that they would be willing to help me out. I have a
drawing of two simple items, and I would like to open a dialogue
with a hobbyist who is interested and willing to help.

As others have pointed out, it's pointless to "open a dialogue" on the
subject if the parties are a half a continent or more away. You don't
have to give your address and phone number out...just say, "I'm in
Pulaski, TN" or "the Pacific Northwest" so people who aren't can move
on and not waste anyone's time, including yours. Nobody will ever be
able to track you down and stalk you with that scant information, but
it's all the difference in the world in getting useful responses to
your request.

I can be reached at aegis365 at hotmail dot com

Red flag #1 to me. I use an email remailer myself, but hotmail
addresses are too often associated with ne'er-do-wells...

This message was sent via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Red flag #2. Anonymous remailers are too often associated with
ne'er-do-wells AND miscreants.

Red flag #3. If you can't even bother to give a simple description of
the sort of project you're wishing to accomplish, why should anyone
bother "open[ing] a dialogue" to find out whether it's even within
their skill level to pursue. Although we're all enthusiasts here,
we're not all highly accomplished or professional woodworkers.

So far you don't sound like someone I want to bother with. You now
have an opportunity to rectify that perception.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net