Default Question on Bussman Fuses BAF2 and FNM2

I blew the fuse on my Powermatic lathe today when I miswired a
component in the circuit. The original fuse was probably as old as the
lathe which is about 30 years old. It was a Bussman BAF2. When it blew
all of the "real" electric stores were closed for the day and will not
ope until Monday. I found Bussman FNM2 which is the same size but it
is not an instant blow like the BAF2. The FNM2 is a time delay fuse and
Bussman's catalog said it was for inductive circuits. The BAF2 states
that it is for non-inductive circuits. This fuse protects the coil on
the lathe.

Any thoughts on temporarily using this fuse until Monday?

I have corrected the wiring error and everything should be OK but what
will happen to the coil if this is not a "quick blow" and there is a
short or fault?

Thanks for any help. -Steve