Jon Elson

110VAC at the end of a 200-foot run from the main box.

OTOH, I'd be perfectly willing to go rent a portable 220V generator.
Why not rent the welder? Because it'll take a week or so of playing
with it to learn how to use it, that's why!

And - I admit it - the whole thing is partly an excuse to buy a new
tool .

Of COURSE! You think you had to EXPLAIN this part to THIS GROUP?
What with Ignoramus dragging home anything that isn't bolted down,
and then asking the group how to hook it up? (And, the rest of us
being Ignoramus wanna-bes or recovering from that syndrome?)

Jon