Gerald Miller

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 18:25:52 GMT, (DaveB) wrote:

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 10:31:21 -0400, Cliff wrote:

On 30 Sep 2005 21:56:56 -0700, wrote:

But that does not appear to be the case with that "hybrid" website, and
THAT is my point. It lists the Prius in particular, at 56mpg. I know it
does not get 56mpg on average. What I do know is what people are
reporting that it gets, and that is UP TO 55mpg on the highway. Some
early owners indicated they only could get 40-45 on the highway.

Is that a 55 MPH or a 70 MPH highway?
--
Cliff

Data from independent product-testing organization Consumer Reports
indicates that hybrid cars get less than 60 percent of EPA estimates
while navigating city streets. In Consumer Reports' real-world driving
test, the Civic Hybrid averaged 26 mpg in the city, while the Toyota
Prius averaged 35 mpg, much less than their respective EPA estimates
of 47 and 60 mpg. Hybrid cars performed much closer to EPA estimates
in Consumer Reports' highway test.

Regards

Daveb

In the meantime, my Geezermobile ( '05 Echo w/ auto tranny, AC ) has
been getting 40+ mpg on mostly city driving.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada