Bob Chilcoat

I noticed a nearly new bronze pedestal sump pump by the curb near our house,
almost identical to the one in our sump. We live right next to a flood
plain, so having a spare pump ready to install is a good idea. I took it
home to check it out and noticed an imporvised weight hanging from the float
switch (one of those with the sliding float rod running through it) by a
piece of string, obviously an attempt (apparently unsuccessful) by the owner
to get it to cycle properly. I took off the weight, moved the rod up and
down, and readjusted the adjustment screw on the float switch so that its
"hysteresis" was the same going both ways. I still have it and it still
works perfectly. I guess the guy never tried that screw, or didn't
understand what it did.

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
ink.net...
Well, this is not a score like the recent Monarch 10 EE for $800, or the
welder for $10, but: