jimmy wrote:

At 65 MPH, mileage was 52 MPG.
At 55 MPH, mileage was 57 MPG.
At 45 MPH, mileage was 72 MPG.

Bought a 4 door 5spd new in '93. Came back from a 1000 mile round trip
(500 miles), doing as high as 85mph in 95 degree heat. 2 fillups as I
recall, and well over 50mpg IIRC.
(I've owned another used one since, maybe two.....hard to remember - I
have had near 300 different cars over the years - if it was made, I
likely had one for at least a while G)

Car costed me just under $7000 for that kind of mileage ( I think I had
some discounts). Was not all that doggy really... Drove like a go-Cart.

People who bought the "Miser" model reported highs of 58-59mpg.
(for those confused, this is the Highest observed highway mpg, NOT
average over many years)

Not bad for a inexpensive car under $8000.... Whats a Prius Cost again
??

Suzuki 3 bangers sure produced mpg's for a little outlay !
(for those who jump to say they were junk, I had one with close to
200,000 miles on it, and have seen a running original with 340,000 on
it - not bad for a "piece of junk")

Please dont bother with the "ya but that was not a real car" or "I
wouldnt want to get in an accident with one" comments..... This is
soley an MPG discussion, thats all.

Grummy