Eric R Snow

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:58:03 -0700, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:13:52 GMT, Ignoramus11514
wrote:

I had to sand a brass bushing to gets its diameter down a little bit,
a few days ago. Produced a lot of fine dust. I may have been careless
and put some food item in my mouth with dirty hands. Ever since, I
have slightly bitter taste in my mouth whenever I eat literally
anything. The bitterness reminds me of the taste of oak acorns or some
such. Does it make sense to link this to brass sanding? Other than the
bitter taste, I feel fine.

I've had this taste from copper dust. It lasted for a few days. And my
tongue felt strange. I guess you need to be more careful. I also got a
slight case of metal fume fever from welding on zinc plated steel
years ago. I now pay close attention to what I breathe and eat.
ERS

I was about to suggest the copper connection when I read your post. Copper
really screws up your taste buds.

Harold

Yeah, it does. And the worst thing is how my tongue felt. I can't even
describe it but it was sorta the way unripe bananas make my tongue
feel. But not as bad as walnuts or pecans.
Eric