F. George McDuffee

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:48:10 GMT, Gary Brady
wrote:
snip
It amazes me how many people send perfectly good stuff to the dump
because they don't have a set of sockets and few screwdrivers. It also
amazes how that so many "people in need" in this country never take
advantage of this sort of thing.
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

In my not so humble opinion you have just identified one of the
two major threats to the nation. [The other is the credit
binge.]

We are a civilization/culture largely based and increasingly
dependent on these two progressively more questionable
foundations.

As a retiring college educator/administrator, I am shocked but
not surprised about how little people know about either topic.