Christopher Tidy

Ignoramus11514 wrote:
I had to sand a brass bushing to gets its diameter down a little bit,
a few days ago. Produced a lot of fine dust. I may have been careless
and put some food item in my mouth with dirty hands. Ever since, I
have slightly bitter taste in my mouth whenever I eat literally
anything. The bitterness reminds me of the taste of oak acorns or some
such. Does it make sense to link this to brass sanding? Other than the
bitter taste, I feel fine.

Just had another thought. I remember my father (who is a dentist) saying
that putting aluminium in your mouth can cause pain if you have
fillings. Apparently it's some kind of galvanic effect. But aluminium is
more reactive than brass, and it's also unlikely that such an effect
would last for several days. It would only happen when you put food in
your mouth if the food caused the metal to be released into your saliva.
On the whole I think it's unlikely that the brass dust is the cause of
the problem.

Chris