charlie b

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

charlie b wrote:

If the scientific method is taught in religion and philosophy
classes and applied in class, maybe then "intelligent design"
might be discussed in science classes.

It *is* taught in religion and philosophy classes. Logic is formally a
part of Philosophy, not Mathematics. The Scientific Method is a
discipline rooted in logic and philosophical empiricism (also taught in
religion and philosophy classes). I say this having been educated in one
secular state university, one 'fundamentalist' private college, and
another Catholic private college. The theory of how science acquires
knowlege is of considerable interest to theologians and philosophers ...
at least the ones who taught me.

I'm betting you were taught by Jesuits right?

One of the arguements the ID folks present is
"this organism is extremely complex, too complex
to merely just happen by accident. therefore
it had to be designed by some intelligent entity".
They overlook the billions of years of trial and
error that went into how that complexity developed.
If there was intelligent designer there wouldn't
be a need for multiple iterations of a design to
meet a specific environment/set of conditions.

But even with 5 billion years of R&D, we
(males) still don't have hair that'll last
a lifetime , at least not me.

charlie b