John Rumm

Default SDS drill for general DIY?

Grunff wrote:

I use crappy angle grinders too (for masonry work, keeping my good ones
clean for metal work). They are useful, but pretty crap compared to good
ones.

I would have thought that a good one will stand up to masonary work just
fine. As long as the bearings and switch gear are well sealed against
the dust they ought to last well. I have a 2kW Hitachi 9" grinder that
has done nothing but cut masonary, slabs, roof tiles, concrete paths etc
for the last 3 years - still working as good as new.

What is more it actually cost less in real terms than a number of the
cheapie options - got it from a local trade supplier (alas now closed it
seems) who specialied in Hitachi kit - it was 72 quid but that included
about 30 quids worth of diamond disc! (must admit I asked the girl
behind the counter to check that the disc really was included in the price!)

--
Cheers,

John.