SteveB

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote: It tells me that there must be a pretty good profit in
the insurance game. Pardon me, trade.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I knew what you were driving at. But do you see what I was getting at?
Insurance companies can't make a profit if they just pay the losses with
the money they take in. They have to invest the premiums at interest, so
the expected losses still leave them a profit.

And a pretty good profit when you can build some of THE biggest tallest
buildings in a large city.

And a pretty good scheme, too. Here, let me hold your money, and if you
have a loss, you can try to get some of it back.

Hmmmmmm. Let's see. There's the deductible. The exclusions. The
preexisting conditions. The prudent person clause.

OOOOPS. This shows you owe US money!

Steve