Dave Hinz

On 29 Sep 2005 20:32:28 GMT, Chuck Sherwood wrote:
so I don't wear chaps, head gear, and definately no ear protection. I
need to hear the cracking sound things make when they fall unexpected or

I am surprised that you have any hearing left. I can't stand to be
around a chain saw at all without hearing protection. I did it as
a kid but not now.

I have a Stihl helmet with the built in face screen and earmuffs. I
find myself much more comfortable cutting, and less distracted, when the
chips aren't flying in my face. Far as I'm concerned, it's as much a
safety feature for keeping stuff out of my eyes, as it is a safety
feature for keeping me from flinching or being distracted by a chunk of
whatever hitting my face.

Daev Hinz