jw

Ruben wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas of how to dis-engage the Anti-Theft Ignition
Kill on this car? My Mother's car started doing this a month ago, now
it is on everytime you try to start the car. It has been sitting for a
week now. I tried messing with any fuse marked "IGN"--nothing. And I
also tried disconnecting the battery in an attempt for the electrical
to re-configure, but nothing.
If anyone has any ideas--I would really appreciate it before having to
take it to the dealership. Thank you in advance!

Most likely it is a ECM function and there is not anything physical
that you can do to prevent it. It is a bus message from "whatever" and
the ECM is being told that it is in "theft mode".

I suspect the key chip has lost it's code, so until you get that fixed
it will continue to do this. It will require going to the dealer and
forking over a pile of money for a 30 second job to reflash your
key(s).

Had a newer Grand Prix do the same thing.

JW