Pete Bergstrom

Rex B wrote:
Pete Bergstrom wrote:
I just picked up a chunk of steel this morning to make Aloris-style
toolholders (Martin Eastburn posted a picture to the Dropbox a few
years back). I've been thinking about getting this saw and now I'll do
it this weekend (sidewalk sale at the store in my neighborhood). I
looked at the specs for it a while back and it does take the same
blade length as the Milwaukee saw.

Maybe the first project will be to build a cutting stand for the saw;
I have an extra milling vise that ought to work nicely. MicroMark's
saw came with the stand but is $80 more than HF.

You can buy the standard 4x6 metalcutting bandsaw on wheels from Homier
now for $99.95. I'd come closer to buying one of these first, as you
won't have to build a stand and you can make nice square cuts for your
toolholders almost right outa the box.
Their portable bandsaw is $49.95.
Unless they are having a tent sale near you soon, freight may be an issue.

Space is the greatest issue for me; the portable plus shop-built stand
will break down and fit in a drawer under my lathe. I also have a bunch
of aluminum sheetstock that'll work nicely and the vise. If I didn't
have the space constraint, buying a 4x6 bandsaw would indeed be a
no-brainer. I'd buy one a year to avoid hacksaws or abrasive saws.

Thanks,
Pete