Harold and Susan Vordos

wrote in message
ups.com...
I know this is O/T but I hope you can bear with me.

Charter Communications (a cable company) has me on their junk mail list
and tells me that they CAN NOT take me off it.

I know that there is someplace that I can write to and be removed from
all
junk mail lists but MY point is that Charter put me on their list so
THEY
should take me off, if I ask them.

They don't have my name on the junk mail, just 'current
resident'.

Have any of you good people taken issue with a company under these
circumstances?

Can I sue them for harassment in small claims court, for instance?

Thanks.

Lewis.

********

Of late we've been bombarded by junk mail from Capital 1. In this case,
they include a pre-paid return envelope. My understanding is that they must
pay 37 cents for the return of each one they receive, so we've been sending
them back, individually, but all mailed at the same time, once per week,
with only our name and address---by tearing it off the application form
(credit card, which we rarely use) giving them the opportunity to remove us
from their mailing list. If they don't, we'll continue tossing the junk
into the recycling bin (we live in paper country) and watching them spend
the investor's money on mailings that are doing nothing more than alienating
potential customers. Like you, I'm totally annoyed with these folks.
The wasting of natural resources is disgusting.

You'd think that receiving a half dozen returns per week from the same two
individuals would provide a message----and maybe it has. For the past
week, we've received nothing. They've either decided it costs too much to
annoy us, or they're between cycles. Time will tell.

Harold